[Spacewalk-list] Mr. 500 here... more info

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 09:18:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

> Interesting thought: so, let me ask: anyone with spacewalk running on CentOS
> 5.2 (final): what does your uname -a show?

Can we not get completely lost here?  There's nothing interesting about
swapping kernel versions here.  It teaches us nothing.

I've run Spacewalk 0.1/2/3/4 on 64/32bit CentOS 5.  I've run in pretty much
all kernels released in between.  A screwy spacewalk install is a screwy
spacewalk install.  All this changing of permissions and fixing this and that
makes me wary of even trying to unravel what the hell has gone on.  The very
idea that you'd jump to thinking your problems could be kernel related...

There's plenty of people installing on CentOS as per the instructions on the
wiki that have got a setup that works consistently (as in problems I get can
be reproduced by most other people I've talked to).

I'd be suspicious of your entire software stack, from java up.

jh

--
"Women need a reason to have sex.  Men just need a place."
                                                      -- Billy Crystal