[Spacewalk-list] Mr. 500 here... more info

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Sat Feb 7 19:04:27 UTC 2009

m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
> Mairin,
>
>> Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:17:41 -0500
>> From: Máirí­n Duffy <duffy at redhat.com>
>> m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
>>> Thanks to everyone - your help has been very much appreciated. Sorry if I got surly, but my manager wanted this running, so there was pressure to make it so.
>> Lessons learned:
>>
>> #1: Friends don't let friends hit ctrl+c while the installation process
>> of an application is still running and expect the resulting application
>> to be stable and work correctly.
> <snip>
> Do you have *any* idea why it might seem to freeze at the end? I did watch it for a couple of minutes before <ctrl-C> I'd have expected either an error, or for it to finish. I'd love to know what happened.

My guess, as others have suggested, is perhaps the VM doesn't have
enough entrophy for generating the SSL certs so that step takes a
honkin' long time on a VM but I don't know for sure. If you tail -f the
installation log while you install (as I believe the installation
directions recommend) then you'd know what it was doing as it went...
but I'm guessing you didn't do that since you don't know?

~m