[Spacewalk-list] reposync and rhnpush

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 23:57:53 UTC 2009

m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
> Following up myself...
>
>> Date: Mon,  9 Feb 2009 18:21:02 -0500 (EST)
>> From: <m.roth2006 at rcn.com>
>>
>> Actually, here's an odd thought: I was looking at RH's docs on rhnpush, and don't see, but wondered if there was an option to have it *only* process the headers into the d/b, and not do anything with the rpm's. Then I could just reposync right into /var/satellite, and then process the headers....
>
> Has anyone tried this, using the rhnpush option --headers?
>
>      mark

I do not know the structure of reposync - I think though that it places
all packages for a repo within a single directory that you can then
generate a yum repo out off. The structure of /var/satellite/ though is
nothing like a single directory. The specific packages are several
layers down within /var/satellite/ and referenced within the DB as to
path, with clients request to download them.

The idea of scripting out sym-links or hard links to replace the
reposync packages with paths to those in /var/satellite/ I think would
save the most on space.

I do not remember anyone posting an exact script, but should be possible
with some bash scripting.

As for rhnpush - the --header option will only place the header into the
DB, and not write the file to disk within /var/satellite/ (suspect that
this is how the other guy that Prad is helping got a null path for
package). If though you then wanted to get the package written to disk,
you would have to add the --force flag to upload (if memory serves me
correctly).

Cliff