[Spacewalk-list] reposync and rhnpush]

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 10 15:04:09 UTC 2009

Cliff,

> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:57:53 -0500
> From: Clifford Perry <cperry at redhat.com>

<snip>
> The idea of scripting out sym-links or hard links to replace the
> reposync packages with paths to those in /var/satellite/ I think would
> save the most on space.
<snip>
> As for rhnpush - the --header option will only place the header into
> the
> DB, and not write the file to disk within /var/satellite/ (suspect that
> this is how the other guy that Prad is helping got a null path for
> package). If though you then wanted to get the package written to disk,
> you would have to add the --force flag to upload (if memory serves me
> correctly).

Ahhhh... but if I use reposync to actually put the rpm's into where I want them in /var/satellite, and then run rhnpush --headers to load that into the d/b, isn't that exactly where I want to be, with one single copy of the rpm's?

An alternative would be not to symlink every file, but rather ln -s /var/satellite /var/www/html/pub/

Has anyone tried either of these? Would they do what I want, do you think, with one copy of the rpm's, and the spacewalk d/b correct?

     mark