[Spacewalk-list] reposync and rhnpush]

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 15:47:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

> Ahhhh... but if I use reposync to actually put the rpm's into where I want
> them in /var/satellite, and then run rhnpush --headers to load that into the
> d/b, isn't that exactly where I want to be, with one single copy of the
> rpm's?
>
> An alternative would be not to symlink every file, but rather ln -s /var/satellite /var/www/html/pub/
>
> Has anyone tried either of these? Would they do what I want, do you think,
> with one copy of the rpm's, and the spacewalk d/b correct?

Eh?  What's all this talk of /var/www/html/pub?  Apart from a bunch of
rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert rpms, I've got nothing really in there.

I'm assuming you've pushed some packages.  Has something dumped them in
/var/www/html/pub or something?  Have you looked at the structure within
/var/satellite/redhat?

jh

--
"I want to tell you a terrific story about oral contraception.  I asked this
  girl to sleep with me and she said 'no'."           -- Woody Allen