[Spacewalk-list] 2 diffirent channels

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 15:15:38 UTC 2009

Michiel van Es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I best conncet a node to 2 channels.
> For example:
>
> I have a CentOS channel with sub channels (add-ons ,extras, updates,
> base etc.) and a RPMforge channel.
> I want the node to have the packages of both channels and use yum
> priorities to use the most recent packages of the CentOS 5 channel.
>
> How to achieve this? :)

One of them has to be child channel of the parrent.
Lat say that CentOS is parrent channel. Then you create new channel
RPMforge and during creation you set parent channe (CentOS).
Then on system details hit link "alter channel subscription" and choose
the rpmforge.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat