[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk install problem (PERL MODULE)

Mike Barnes Mike.Barnes at visionglobalsolutions.com
Fri Feb 13 00:14:01 UTC 2009

Has anyone encountered errors during spacewalk install with the
following:

yum install spacewalk

Yum does its dependency checks and I receive multiple of the following:

Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) is needed by
package SatConfig-bootstrap-1.11.2-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)

Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) is needed by
package MessageQueue-3.26.2-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)

Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) is needed by
package nocpulse-db-perl-3.6.2-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)

Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) is needed by
package SatConfig-generator-2.29.10-1.el5.noarch(spacewalk)

Is it a perl module that is needed? I have read other google hits that
say "MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8: is in perl v5.10.0 core now (which is what I
have)..

My machine is Fedora 10 32bit, fully patched.

I am subscribed to the spacewalk depot at :
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/nightly-candidate-f10/

Along with these other depots:

            adobe-linux-i386.repo  fedora-updates-testing.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree-rawhide.repo

epel.repo              GPL
rpmfusion-nonfree.repo

epel-testing.repo      rpmfusion-free-rawhide.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo

fedora-rawhide.repo    rpmfusion-free.repo
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.repo

fedora.repo            rpmfusion-free-updates.repo
spacewalk.repo

fedora-updates.repo    rpmfusion-free-updates-testing.repo

Outside this issue, so far, the spacewalk howto has been outstanding..

Thanks in advance...Hoping there is already a thread on this somewhere..

Mike

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.