[Spacewalk-list] register systems

Zachary Elston zac.elston at metavante.com
Tue Feb 17 16:07:17 UTC 2009

Just FYI:  I’ve never seen this page work in all my installs and just
register systems by including the cmd

 rhnreg_ks
--serverUrl=https://spacewalk.server.com/XMLRPC --activationkey=1-7add0da8bc
40dcde79f4ffd4f95f3d7b --sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

in the bootstrap script.

Here’s my registration cheatsheet for a C5.2 system.  RHEL only needs the
rhn-org rpm and the rhnreg_ks line

Register:
rpm
-ivh http://spacewalk.server.com/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-1.noarch.r
pm
rpm
-ivh http://stahnma.fedorapeople.org/spacewalk-tools/spacewalk-client-tools-
0.0-1.noarch.rpm
yum -y install rhn-setup yum-rhn-plugin
rhnreg_ks
--serverUrl=spacewalk.server.com/XMLRPC --activationkey=1-7add0da8bc40dcde79
f4ffd4f95f3d7b --sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

edit things:
• perl -npe 's/=240/=10/' -i /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd
• perl -npe 's/gpgcheck = 1/gpgcheck = 0/' -i
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf
Remove all of /etc/yum.repos.d/* if you like
enable things:
• yum -y install rhncfg-actions
• rhn-actions-control --enable-all
• service rhnsd restart