[Spacewalk-list] register systems

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 17 16:45:46 UTC 2009

>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:34:11 -0800
>From: Mike McCune <mmccune at redhat.com>
>
>Steve Vargo wrote:
>> So does that mean that this link is just a link to the documentation
>> (which is not included with spacewalk)
>>
>> https://spacewalk.company.com/rhn/help/client-config/en/index.jsp
>>
>> and doesn't actually give you the ability to register client via the web
>> gui?
>
>Correct.  The only way in Spacewalk (or RHN Satellite) to register a
>client is through the use of rhn-register or rhnreg_ks from the client's
>CLI.  That page basically tells you this fact.

Dunno. I, personally, would never have released it that way - I'd have dynamically not shown anything that was not applicable to the version.

However, I'm still stuck where I was, which is that I have a registered system, but no way to subscribe it to a channel. I have two channels, with children, but when I got to systems->click on my system->change subscriptions, and it says it will give me a list of channels, the list contains exactly one entry: (none, disable service).

What do I have to do to get the system subscribed, and why is this list not filled in?

      mark