[Spacewalk-list] register systems - solved

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 17 23:15:37 UTC 2009

Ok, and the answer was partly what I mentioned in passing earlier, and partly not.

First, my own error - the 64-bit arch channel I'd created had IA64 instead of x86_64. So I created a new parent, and new children, and added the packages.

Then, what I had wondered about: I had created one, and only one, activation key. When I created a second, and assigned one to one base, and the second to the other base.

With that, when I went to subscribe the system to a channel, I got the list, and could select it.

So what I thought I read, that I could create one activation key for both parents, doesn't seem to be the case. How much the other typo affected the process, I don't know, and I'm *not* going to try to reproduce.

Once again, thanks to all.

      mark