[Spacewalk-list] Pointer to more docs?

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Wed Feb 18 19:43:40 UTC 2009

(For those who jumped on me, even after my explanation/apology, I'll respond eventually; I will *not* talk about how bad this week is....)

Ok, so I want to check the status, and update my test system. When I go to <https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/ManagingFedoraSystems>, once it finishes describing the steps for registration, all that follows are two placeholder headers,
Pushing packages to Fedora clients
Managing configuration of Fedora clients

In spacewalk, I've tried the help function, which leads me to the Satellite docs.

What I've tried:
  a) on the spacewalk server, I tried to schedule a
      profile update - returned with an internal server error
  b) on the client, there's no up2date: should I install it?
  c) on the client, looking at the installed rpms, I
        saw, and skimmed the man page on rhn-profile-sync,
        and tried running it. /var/log/up2date tells me
        internal server error after it retrieved the
        authentication token. From the server, I got a
        bunch of web tracebacks, and the third, I think,
        says "not connected to Oracle".

Obviously, I must have missed something, so does anyone have a pointer to something that tells me what to do once I've registered the client system, so that I can schedule pushes of updates? Btw, no gui stuff, other than via the browser; these are all servers, not workstations.

Thanks in advance.

       mark