[Spacewalk-list] Are there any docs for configuring the client for a push?

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 19:05:31 UTC 2009

m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
> Are there any? I can't seem to create a profile for my
> client. None was created when I registered it, and when I
> try rhn-profile-sync, it fails with error communicating
> with server in /var/log/up2date on the client, and not
> connected to Oracle on the server.

Can you provide us the full error from the up2date log?

Where is the Oracle error message? Can you provide that?

> There must be *something* that I need to do to make the
> profile, so I can set up a push.

By setting up a push, do you mean configuring the client for
OSAD?

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OSADSetup

Or are you talking about rhnpush-ing content into a channel?
(I am assuming the former since the latter doesn't have much
to do with a client system)

> Oh, and when I scheduled a push via browser/spacewalk, it
> errored out.

Okay? What error message did you get? Is the osad daemon
running on the Satellite? Does the client you're trying to
push to have an active OSAD status in its system details page?

~m