[Spacewalk-list] Updates

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 20 10:21:46 UTC 2009

I have a CentOS 5.2 client that I just joined to a CentOS 5.2 spacewalk
server.  The client is joined to the Base-i386 and the Updates-i386
channels.  According to spacewalk, it shows that the client needs 5 package
updates, but when I run "yum list updates" on the client, it shows no
packages (nothing to update).
I would assume that yum on the client would show 5 packages also.
A quick look at /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date, and the following parameters
look good.
serverURL=http://hubble.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/XMLRPC
sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
Could this be caused by some local cacheing issue with yum?
Anything else I should be looking at?

-Mike