[Spacewalk-list] Channel Creation

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Tue Feb 24 07:21:25 UTC 2009

> thanks for this - i am now trying to add packages to that channel with
> rhnpush but the user i am using apparently does not have the correct
> rights even though i created it with channel admin rights.
>
> I am now not in the office so without using the gui is there a way to
> view what rights a user has and also manipulate those rights ?

back in the office now and the user rhnpush has channel admin rights and
the password the correct one - this is the error i get

Error Message:
    You are not allowed to manage channel CentOS-5.2, or that channel
does not exist
Error Class Code: 32
Error Class Info: Channel error
Explanation:
     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
     details on how to reproduce this problem.

and i get that with either this

# rhnpush --channel=CentOS-5.2 --server=http://localhost/APP
--dir=/var/www/html/pub/CentOS5-x86_64/base/CentOS --username=rhnpush
--password=rhnpush -v

or this

# rhnpush --channel=centos-5.2  --server=http://localhost/APP
--dir=/var/www/html/pub/CentOS5-x86_64/base/CentOS --username=rhnpush
--password=rhnpush -v

as CentOS-5.2 is the name of the channel and centos-5.2 is the channel
label.

thanks