[Spacewalk-list] Should Errata appear for fedora and CentOS clients

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:55:00 UTC 2009

Hi James,
It won't, it is your responsibility to upload the latest packages into
spacewalk. I would also be interested in to know how errata is supposed to
work in a spacewalk context. When the sync to a different repository works
in spacewalk(0.4 i think) we might(big maybe) see an official centos
spacewalk server from which we could sync that would contain eratta.

Regards

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM, James Fillman <jfillman at central1.com> wrote:

> I've got the latest version of Spacewalk running with orgs for fedora 9
> and centos 5.2. Will Spacewalk pull down any applicable Errata for these
> distro's?
>
> How does Errata work?  Does Spacewalk scrape it off of a Red Hat
> website? Does it link Errata updates to RPM's that exists in my
> channels?
>
> Regards,
>
> James Fillman
> Systems Architect