[Spacewalk-list] Generating Entitlements for Proxy?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 14:40:42 UTC 2009

Brian Kosick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just setup a spacewalk server and have been playing around very
> happily so far.   I've come to the point where I'm trying to install a
> proxy Spacewalk Server on a different network to reduce traffic across
> the WAN, alas I keep getting an entitlement problem.
>
> /usr/bin/rhn-proxy-activate --server=myspacewalk.server.com
> --ca-cert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --version=0.3

You should not call rhn-proxy-activate directly (unless you are power
user and already started debugging). Follow this HOWTO:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstallProxy

> mentioning I need a special Proxy Channel, how can I generate one for
> use in a Spacewalk->Spacewalk Proxy?

No you do not need proxy channel in Spacewalk. You will need it only in
Satellite.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat