[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk channel managment

Satish Patel satish at linuxbug.org
Fri Jan 16 16:39:48 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

        I have recently installed spacewalk 0.3 and its runing fine
but i am new for spacewalk so i want to know few thing which i m
missing.

1. i want to create base channel and there is not channel in spacewalk
when i m going to create new channel its showing parentchannel = none
and kindly clear it how to create base and child channel and how to
subscribe it i have read on google and lots of RHN satellite document
but i didnt get any solution about it eveeybody talkin about theory
nobody explain how it..work.

2. My system is successfuly register and when i m runing yum update
command its show me

This system is not subscribed to any channel
RHN channel support will be disable

What is that ?? is anything wrong with this ...

3. after puting spacewalk in my company we need to put
/etc/yum.repo/*.repo file is everyclient ...??? i guess spacewalk
automaticaly install package on client so we dont need that
configuration

kindly suggest me..

Regards,

Satish Patel