[Spacewalk-list] Probe notification

Anze Marincic amarincic at nil.si
Sun Jan 18 13:19:37 UTC 2009

Hello!

I did fresh install of Spacewalk 0.4 -> monitoring is working (thanks to
all developers!) but I still have a problem with sending probe
notification.

I added notification method under my username, created probe suite, added
probe. Within probe configuration I selected Notification interval (1h)
and Notification method, which is attached to my username.

If the probe is critical I do not get notification on my email. All I get
is this email sent by "NOCpulse user <nocpulse at spacewalk.nil.si>"
ALERTS queue size is 672 at Sun Jan 18 13:45:02 2009

<< Sent by /usr/bin/monitor-queue line 45 on host spacewalk.nil.si (sat
09b803c3f0f3, "RHN Monitoring Satellite").
   1 of these messages were filtered since Sun Jan 18 12:30:02 2009 GMT >>

I configured sendmail as described in installation guide for RH Satellite.

rogerthat01 user can send email.

[root at spacewalk ~]# telnet asterix 25
Trying 193.xx.x.xx...
Connected to asterix.nil.si (193.xx.x.xx).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 asterix.nil.si ESMTP Service (Lotus Domino Release 8.0.2) ready at
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:08:53 +0100

EHLO nil.si
250-asterix.nil.si Hello nil.si ([193.xx.x.xxx]), pleased to meet you
250-HELP
250-SIZE
250 PIPELINING
MAIL FROM:rogerthat01 at nil.si
250 rogerthat01 at nil.si... Sender OK
RCPT TO:my_email at nil.si
250 my_email at nil.si... Recipient OK
DATA
354 Enter message, end with "." on a line by itself
Subject:test message

This is a test mail from rogerthat01.
.
250 Message accepted for delivery
QUIT
221 asterix.nil.si SMTP Service closing transmission channel
Connection closed by foreign host.

This is config of Spacewalk Configuration - Monitoring
Local mail exchanger: asterix.nil.si
Mail domain: nil.si

Am I missing something or are there some problems with notification?

Regards and thank you for great work!

Anze Marincic