[Spacewalk-list] Correct way to manage channels/updates for CentOS 5

Santi Saez santisaez at woop.es
Tue Jan 20 12:31:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have some doubts when configuring software channels in our Spacewalk
infrastucture. We have followed those steps:

- Create a channel for CentOS 5 "base" packages, name "centos5-base-x86"

- Using "reposync" packages are stored at "/root/centos5-base-x86":

	reposync --repoid=base --download_path=/root/centos5-base-x86

- Upload packages using rhnpush to "centos5-base-x86" channel:

	rhnpush --channel=centos5-base-x86\
--server=http://localhost/APP \
--dir=/root/centos5-base-x86/base/CentOS

AFAIK, threre is not package upgrades in "base" repo.. So my question
is: we need to make a new channel for "updates"? Or perhaps it's better
uploading package upgrades to "base" channel directly.. what method do
you use, one or two channels? thanks!

Santi Saez
http://woop.es