[Spacewalk-list] yum install spacewalk

Trung Tran trung.tran at onsemi.com
Wed Jan 21 22:51:52 UTC 2009

Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Trung Tran <trung.tran at onsemi.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've managed to have Oracle-XE installed and have followed the steps to get
>> to the actual installation.  It seems that all the dependencies are resolved
>> correctly, but now I run into this problem (see below).  Apparently, these
>> older RPMs are now replaced by newer versions and the installation got
>> choked up .  Can someone please give me a pointer?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> # yum install spacewalk

>> Transaction Summary
>> ================================================================================
>> Install    164 Package(s)        Update       0 Package(s)        Remove
>>   0 Package(s)
>> Total size: 49 M
>> Total download size: 489 k
>> Is this ok [y/N]: y
>> Downloading Packages:
>> http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.4/rhel/5Server/x86_64/SatConfig-general-1.215.47-1.el5.noarch.rpm:
>> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>> Trying other mirror.
>> http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.4/rhel/5Server/x86_64/NPalert-1.125.26-1.el5.noarch.rpm:
>> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>> Trying other mirror.
>> http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.4/rhel/5Server/x86_64/spacewalk-schema-0.4.17-1.el5.noarch.rpm:
>> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Total                                           582 kB/s | 489 kB     00:00
>>

>> Error Downloading Packages:
>>  spacewalk-schema-0.4.17-1.el5.noarch: failure:
>> spacewalk-schema-0.4.17-1.el5.noarch.rpm from spacewalk: [Errno 256] No more
>> mirrors to try.
>>  NPalert-1.125.26-1.el5.noarch: failure: NPalert-1.125.26-1.el5.noarch.rpm
>> from spacewalk: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>>  SatConfig-general-1.215.47-1.el5.noarch: failure:
>> SatConfig-general-1.215.47-1.el5.noarch.rpm from spacewalk: [Errno 256] No
>> more mirrors to try.
>>

> I updated these packages on the repo earlier today.  Try the install
> again, I suspect the repodata might have
> been overwritten as you were installing.  Alternatively, you might
> have to clean your yum cache, which I've had to do
> in the past as well.
>
> yum --noplugins clean all
>
> Let me know if you run into any other problems.
>
> Sincerely,
> jesus

Thanks for the quick response.

I've been trying the installation at different times today, but I kept
getting the same errors.  So now, following your advice, I've tried to
clean the yum cache and this is what I got.  What else can I try?
Thanks again.

# yum install spacewalk
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
epel                                                     | 2.1 kB
00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2                                       | 2.7 MB
00:07
spacewalk                                                | 1.9 kB
00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2                                       | 140 kB
00:00
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.4/rhel/5Server/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
primary.sqlite.bz2                                       | 140 kB
00:00
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.4/rhel/5Server/x86_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from spacewalk: [Errno 256]
No more mirrors to try.