[Spacewalk-list] Queued alerts (monitoring)

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 11:19:07 UTC 2009

Michael ORourke wrote:
> This is in regards to spacewalk 0.4 running on CentOS 5.2
>
> I've seen from an earlier message posted on the list that the
> 'notification' functionality of 'monitoring' is still broken.  That
> would appear to be the case, however I'm getting several notifications
> (every 15mins) about the alert queue filling up (see email below).  Is
> there a simple way to clear out the queue???  I don't see anything in
> the spacewalk GUI that looks like it even mentions the queue.
>
> ###email###
>> From nocpulse at hubble.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com  Thu Jan 22 15:00:03 2009
> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:00:02 -0500
> From: NOCpulse user <nocpulse at hubble.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com>
> To: root at hubble.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com
> Subject: Possible Notification Meltdown!!!
>
> ALERTS queue size is 3015 at Thu Jan 22 15:00:02 2009
>
> << Sent by /usr/bin/monitor-queue line 45 on host
> hubble.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com (sat bc5ee8779c0f, "RHN Monitoring Satellite").
>   1 of these messages were filtered since Thu Jan 22 19:45:02 2009 GMT >>
>
> ###end###

cd /var/lib/notification/queue/alert_queue/
ls

Before you will delete them, I will prefer if you can send the output of:
  show-alert 01_1232630466_027739_001
where 01_1232630466_027739_001 is file from that queue dir. Different
files may contain different error, so you may try few of them.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat