[Spacewalk-list] XmlRpcException calling cobbler

Stewart L stewartl42 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:30:47 UTC 2009

I keep getting these emails and I am unable to register clients.
Spacewalk server is CentOS 5.2, as are the clients.
selinux is disabled and so is the firewall.

java.lang.RuntimeException: XmlRpcException calling cobbler.
    at
com.redhat.rhn.manager.kickstart.cobbler.CobblerXMLRPCHelper.invokeMethod(CobblerXMLRPCHelper.java:76)
    at
com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.CobblerSyncTask.execute(CobblerSyncTask.java:71)
    at
com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.SingleThreadedTestableTask.execute(SingleThreadedTestableTask.java:54)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
    at
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
Caused by: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: A network error occurred.
    at redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.endCall(XmlRpcClient.java:380)
    at redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.invoke(XmlRpcClient.java:165)
    at
com.redhat.rhn.manager.kickstart.cobbler.CobblerXMLRPCHelper.invokeMethod(CobblerXMLRPCHelper.java:73)
    ... 4 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:233)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:306)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:323)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:837)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:778)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:703)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:881)
    at redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.endCall(XmlRpcClient.java:370)
    ... 6 more

not sure if it is related, but the error I get registering the clients is...

# rhn_register
An error has occurred:
ERROR: can not find RHNS CA file: /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
See /var/log/up2date for more information

--
Stewart