[Spacewalk-list] Mess in the virtual systems list

Ilja Bobkevic ilja at interdata.lt
Wed Jul 1 22:02:06 UTC 2009

Hello,

Having some issues with virtual systems. I have regirestered Xen host
which has couple of VPS up and running. DomU were created outside
spacewalk, but I can see them in Virtual Systems section. The problem
comes when host is restarted. Same virtual systems get duplicated over
and over again what makes this list a total mess.

Here is some copy paste example:
---
System      Updates      Status      Base Software Channel
Host: xen_hoster 8 Active Virtual Systems, 15 Total. (View All)
vps3         Running     (none)
vps3         Running     (none)
vps1     System is up to date     Running     CentOS 5 Base - x86_64
vps2         Stopped     (none)
vps2         Running     (none)
vps3         Running     (none)
vps1         Stopped     (none)
vps3         Stopped     (none)
vps1         Stopped     (none)
vps1         Stopped     (none)
vps1         Running     (none)
vps2         Running     (none)
vps3         Stopped     (none)
vps2         Stopped     (none)
vps1         Running     (none)
---
As you can see there are actualy only 3 virtual systems, but the list
got quite big after couple of restarts. Spacewalk is located on one of
virtual systems, actualy it's "vps3".

Any suggestions what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Ilja Bobkevic.