[Spacewalk-list] Cannot retrieve repository metadata

Fraginhell fraginhell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:10:01 UTC 2009

Hi.

I have configured about 6 Centos 32bit machines on our spacewalk
server. Centos 5.3 x64, spacewalk 0.5
One of the clients can perform a yum check-update fine without any
problems, the rest all report

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository:  rpmforge-el5-i386 Please verify its path and try again

I checked
/var/log/rhn/rhn_server_xmlrpc.log

and also had a look in /var/cache/rhn/repodata and I can see the
repomd.xml files with the dates that the channels have been updated
on.

Im looking for some advise on how to diagnoses this problem further,
any suggestions on what I can look for and check?

Thanks
Keith.