[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 06 release delay

Cliff cperry at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 19:08:26 UTC 2009

Hi folks,
I wanted to drop a quick email. I just updated the roadmap wiki with a
proposed new release date of Spacewalk 06, plus revised scope.

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/roadmap

In short, the new date we are aiming for is August 7th 2009. The main
items are:
  - KVM - do what we do with Xen, with KVM
  - Fedora 11 client support
  - Allow Spacewalk to be installed on Fedora 11
  - Merge postgres branch to master, a very big step towards our long
term goal.
  - Ability to import a yum repo into a channel without rhnpush
  - Basic reporting scripts of metrics/usage of a Spacewalk instance
  - Bugfixing
   - misc critical bugs (most been fixed in git repo already)
   - get jabberd working correctly

I hope everyone is able to bare with us as we aim to release Spacewalk
06 with some key features for our future.

Regards,
Cliff