[Spacewalk-list] Problem with RHNPUSH (ORACLE ???)

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 21:01:11 UTC 2009

On 07/29/2009 09:18 AM, Tommaso Rossetto wrote:
> Ok many thanks for your help
>
> bye

The new builds are,

http://koji.rhndev.redhat.com/mnt/koji/packages/spacewalk-backend/0.6.28/

please let me know if this fixes the issue. Basically update your
server, restart apache and retry your push.

Lemme know if this helps if not commit
88e29677361c7051475f4e53a796b5182119bc54 might need more work.

~ Prad

> [...]
>>         latest spacewalk-backend nightly should have this fix.
>>
>>         ~ Prad
>>

>>>         2009/7/24 David Nutter <davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
>>>         <mailto:davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk>>
>>>
>>>             On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:01:30AM +0200, Tommaso
>>>             Rossetto wrote:
>>>             > *Hi all,
>>>             >
>>>             > when I launch rhnpush I get this error message :*
>>>
>>>             *snip*
>>>
>>>             > Error pushing
>>>             base/CentOS/setroubleshoot-2.0.5-3.el5.noarch.rpm: Error
>>>             > 500Error Message:
>>>             >     ORA-12899: value too large for column
>>>             > "SPACEWALK"."RHNPACKAGECHANGELOG"."TEXT" (actual:
>>>             3002, maximum: 3000)
>>>             > Error Class Code: 54
>>>             > Error Class Info:
>>>             >      Package Upload Failed due to uniqueness
>>>             constraint violation.
>>>             >      Make sure the package does not have any duplicate
>>>             dependencies or
>>>             >      does not already exists on the server (500)
>>>             > Waiting 2 seconds and trying again...
>>>

>>>             The above should be easy to fix - just increase the size
>>>             of the column
>>>             "TEXT" in table RHNPACKAGECHANGELOG. Offhand, and
>>>             untested, this will probably be a command like:
>>>
>>>             ALTER TABLE RHNPACKAGECHANGELOG MODIFY (TEXT
>>>             VARCHAR2(5000));
>>>
>>>             My knowledge of oracle is minimal so the above command
>>>             may be wrong. Even if
>>>             it succeeds it may have bad effects so use at your own risk.
>>>
>>>             > Error Message:
>>>             >     ORA-00001: unique constraint
>>>             (SPACEWALK.RHN_CNP_CID_NID_UQ) violated
>>>             > ORA-06512: at "SPACEWALK.RHN_CHANNEL", line 916
>>>             > ORA-06512: at line 1
>>>             > Error Class Code: 23
>>>             > Error Class Info: Could not update database entry.
>>>             >
>>>             > xargs: rhnpush: exited with status 255; aborting
>>>
>>>             Here follows some wild speculation:
>>>
>>>             I think that constraint ensures that package IDs are
>>>             unique on the
>>>             spacewalk server. Possibly the previous error is leaving
>>>             some kind of
>>>             uncompleted upload which is causing the constraint to be
>>>             violated but
>>>             once the push session ends the failed uploads have their
>>>             transactions
>>>             rolled back leaving no visible evidence such as a half
>>>             uploaded
>>>             package visible on the spacewalk website.
>>>
>>>             Consequently if you fix the first error, the second may
>>>             go away too.
>>>
>>>             End of wild speculation.
>>>
>>>             Regards,
>>>
>>>             --
>>>             David Nutter                            Tel: +44 (0)131
>>>             650 4888
>>>             BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ.
>>>             Scotland, UK
>>>
>>>             Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is
>>>             formally part of The
>>>             Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered

Pradeep Kilambi
RHN Satellite Engineering
pkilambi at redhat.com
Phone: +1 919 754 4285