[Spacewalk-list] Internal 500 errors generated by yum and somerhn_check procedures

Czerak, Jason jason.czerak at jostens.com
Tue Jun 2 16:16:21 UTC 2009

Interesting observation today. I came across bug 483156, it was closed
as not a bug. However, it's the exact same problem I'm having.

I enabled debug=5, and bounced the entire set of services. And the error
Is now gone again. Why is this? Since the error is around logging of the
problem, I think it may be related.

After a few guest kickstarts, I reset things, removed the debug=5 line
and now the issues is no longer present!

There were no new packages uploaded short of the failed attempts at
getting VMwareTools uploaded.

There were no configuration file changes short of the debug =5.

My guess here is that a combination of itmes in the DB is tripping these
errors. The DB  only component with constant change.

I'm going to start importing other systems into spacewalk today. So
we'll see lots of change other then the two basic sandbox vm's being
re-installed over and over.