[Spacewalk-list] question about status :Queued

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Fri Jun 12 08:44:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 06:49:55PM +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When pushing updates through Spacewalk I see that some servers are not
> responding to the update.
> When Iclick on the server I see:
> This action's status is: Queued.
> This action has not yet been picked up.
>
> Is the action queued on the server or client?

The spacewalk server. When the client next checks in the action will
be "picked up" and the status (and associated icon) will change. Then
the system will execute the action and check in again to change the
action's status to "completed" or "failed".

If you are using OSAD you might want to check the config on the
affected servers to make sure they are receiving notifications from
the spacewalk server.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662