[Spacewalk-list] jabberd 2.0 for rhel 5.3

Tommi Latti tommi.latti at nokia.com
Wed Jun 17 07:35:44 UTC 2009

Reading through the list indicates that the jabberd 2.2 that comes
with rhel5.3 doesn't work with spacewalk 0.5 and needs to be
downgraded to 2.0...

What I'm after is a bit of advice on the downgrade process, this is
what I read from the list:

* jabberd 2.2 fails on el5 installs. if you want to use osa-dispatcher
   on el5, you need to do the following:

   * uninstall jabberd 2.2
   * install jabberd 2.0
   * use 2.0 configs
   * restart both jabberd and osa-dispatcher

- so uninstall... also the jabberd-selinux or no?
- install jabberd 2.0, where should I get the rpm for that?
   with a little bit digging I found jabberd-2.0s11-1.el4.i386.rpm,
wonder if it's the proper one
- use 2.0 config... does it mean 2.0 configs from the 2.0 rpm or 2.0
configs from spacewalk 0.x when it installed with 2.0?

I tried already with uninstalling only the 2.2, using that rpm and
making sure the config files that come with the package are the main
config files in /etc/jabberd (the 2.2 ones seem to be .rpmsave) and
then restarting both. Looks like the jabberd 2.0 starts normally but
immediately exits without any error message, so osa-dispatcher of
course complains that there's no jabber server to connect to...

--
br,
Tommi