[Spacewalk-list] Best why to Sync Centos repo??

Shaun Rampersad shaun.rampersad at rmb.co.za
Wed Jun 24 11:28:07 UTC 2009

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the following entry in my yum repo file

[Centos4-x86_64-base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
#baseurl=http://centos.mirror.ac.za/4/os/x86_64/
baseurl=http://mirror.ukhost4u.com/centos/4/os/x86_64/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-4

I changed mirrors above to test if it was a problem with the mirror

When I run the following command, it syncs 486 packages only
#> reposync --repoid=Centos4-x86_64-base

[Centos4-x86_64-base: 485   of 486   ] Skipping existing
CentOS/RPMS/zlib-1.2.1.2-1.2.i386.rpm
[Centos4-x86_64-base: 486   of 486   ] Skipping existing
CentOS/RPMS/zlib-devel-1.2.1.2-1.2.i386.rpm

Surely there has to be more than 486 packages on the mirror? The same
happens with other repo's although they have different counts

Thanks
Shaun

"Alexandros Soumplis" <soumplis at ekt.gr>
Sent by: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com
24/06/2009 10:50
Please respond to
soumplis at ekt.gr; Please respond to
spacewalk-list at redhat.com

spacewalk-list at redhat.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Spacewalk-list] Best why to Sync Centos repo??

How many packages for CentOS 4 are online on the repository you use to
sync with ? I assume that centos 4 packages are less than those of centos
5. In any case check reposync progress for errors.

http://www.rmb.co.za/web/elements.nsf/online/disclaimer-communications.html