[Spacewalk-list] kickstart/updates/packages questions..

Tommi Lätti tommi.latti at nokia.com
Tue Jun 30 02:27:53 UTC 2009

Got a few more questions :)

* Is there a spacewalk way to get static IP's for servers assigned
during the kickstart? When I go with our old style of provisioning (we
use pxe, home-brewn kickstart files and profiles), I have the mac/IP
pairs on a separate xml file which gets parsed at %post.

* I was playing around with the 'kickstart this machine' which never
finished. I've long since deleted the system and changed profiles &c.
around but seems that provisioning still persists. This is evident from
the mac address being present in the /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg directory.
Cobbler re-creates it every time it runs it's sync.

* During kickstart, is there any way to exclude packages even if they're
dependancies? To be more precise, at this point I would like to swap
sendmail with postfix during the installation.

* After 5.3 base installation, the kickstart doesn't use the updates
channel rpm's. What's the proper way to get the kickstart to use the
updates channel for the initial installation?

--
br,
Tommi