[Spacewalk-list] Missing db-control.

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 06:58:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:23:09PM +1000, Fraginhell wrote:

> I'm missing db-control, its not installed. I'm using x86_64 Centos5.3
> with spacewalk 0.5.

The db-control utility is for Satellite's embedded database. There is
no embedded database with Spacewalk, hance no db-control.

> I've done a find with no luck. Any suggestions as I want to be able to
> backup my DB.

You probably should talk to your DBA to ensure the database you use is
backed up properly. If you are the DBA and/or you are using Oracle XE
on the Spacewalk machine, consult

	http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/admin.102/b25107/backrest.htm

for examples.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat