[Spacewalk-list] Errors creating kickstart profiles on 0.4

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 00:53:25 UTC 2009

Luis Garcia wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Mike McCune <mmccune at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Luis Garcia wrote:
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to set up kick start trees on spacewalk 0.4 on a CentOS 5.2
>>> server  and  I'm following the document here:
>>>
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/KickstartDistro
>>>

>>> Everything goes smoothly,  I can upload the kickstart tree and commit
>>> it to the database.
>>> When I get to 7d, to the page that says  "Step 1: Create Kickstart
>>> Profile" I can fill in
>>> the Kickstart Profile Label,  the Base Channel, and the Kickstartable
>>> Tree that I checked in shows up.
>>>
>>> The problem is that no matter what type of Virtualization type I pick,
>>> when hit the next button,
>>> I get red text that reads:
>>>
>>>  * Para-Virtualization is unsupported with the selected kickstart
>>> tree or distribution.
>>>

>>> Which is odd, since I see the /VT folder in the kickstart directory.
>>> Is there something in cobbler that I need to configure?
>>>
>> This is an ugly bug in 0.4 that is affecting Spacewalk's ability to
>> synchronize with Cobbler.  The error message is somewhat misleading.
>>
>> Can you do the following and reply to the list:
>>
>> 1) From your spacewalk server's terminal:
>>
>> # cobbler distro report
>>
>> copy-paste the above to http://pastebin.com/  and send us the URL
>>
>> 2) From your spacewalk server's terminal do:
>>
>> # sqlplus spacewalk/spacewalk at xe
>> SQL> select label, base_path, NVL(cobbler_Id, 'NULL'), NVL(cobbler_xen_id,
>> 'NULL') from rhnKickstartableTree;
>>
>> take the results of that and also copy to a http://pastebin.com/
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike McCune
>> mmccune AT redhat.com
>> Engineering               | Portland, OR
>> RHN Satellite             | 650.567.9039x79248

> Ok, here are the results:
>
> cobbler distro report: http://pastebin.com/m3e22b5da
> sqlplus spacewalk/spacewalk at xe results:  http://pastebin.com/m6f49bcfc
>
> Thanks,
> ~Luis

Ok thanks, can you try again creating a Distribution with the GUI.   The
page you referenced is for older versions of Spacewalk, the new process
is here:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler

try going through that process and see if after creating a Distribution
in Spacewalk's GUI if you can create a Kickstart Profile from there.

Mike