[Spacewalk-list] changes to the wiki on the oracle setup?

Zac Elston zac.elston at metavante.com
Thu Mar 26 16:16:03 UTC 2009

Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:39:21AM -0400, Zachary Elston wrote:
>
>> The changes this morning for the oracle setup instructions removed a
>> critical step
>>
>> 112	 	Setup server environment for oracle user:
>> 113	 	{{{
>> 114	 	  echo ".
>> /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh" >>
>> ~oracle/.bash_profile
>> 115	 	}}}
>>
>> It should be the first thing you do after installing the rpms.
>>

> Why is it needed?

try following the directions

    TTest your connection with sqlplus

Run

[root at space-test ~]# sqlplus 'sys/<password>@xe as sysdba'
sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlplus.so: cannot

fix

[root at space-test ~]# .
/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh
[root at space-test ~]# sqlplus 'sys/<password>@xe as sysdba'

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Thu Mar 26 07:47:08 2009

 is anyone not root when installing oracle?  does the oracle user not
need this env as well?

AHHH.. i see
oracle-lib-compat provides the ld.so.conf additions but that doesn't
come in until after "yum install spacewalk"   UNLESS you added the
selinux additions first  which I always skip on my test install host

so I'd add that to the explicit pre-install list and then the wiki is
correct

-zac