AW: AW: [Spacewalk-list] Problem creating a kickstart distribution

Rusch Philipp pru09 philipp.rusch at gw-world.com
Fri Mar 27 08:18:36 UTC 2009

Ok, can you do the following:

** edit with your fav text editor:

/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/rhn/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties

Add to the bottom these 2 new lines:

log4j.logger.com.redhat.rhn.manager.kickstart.cobbler=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.cobbler=DEBUG

** 'service tomcat5 restart'

** Log back into the GUI, and try and re-create a kickstart distribution.  This will be adding lots of useful debugging to your tomcat log.

** 'cp /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out /root'

** 'cd /root && gzip catalina.out'

** Mail catalina.out.gz to mmccune AT redhat . com  (me)

** Also, could you share with us your /etc/cobbler/settings and /etc/cobbler/modules.conf file?  Feel free to clean out hostnames you don't want to share.

Mike

Hello,

here is the summary of my config files:

modules.conf

[serializers]
settings = serializer_catalog
distro = serializer_catalog
profile = serializer_catalog
system = serializer_catalog
repo = serializer_catalog
image = serializer_catalog

[authentication]
module = authn_spacewalk

[authorization]
module = authn_spacewalk

[dns]
module = manage_bind

[dhcp]
module = manage_isc

settings:

---
allow_duplicate_hostnames: 0

allow_duplicate_ips: 0

allow_duplicate_macs: 0

bind_bin: /usr/sbin/named

cheetah_import_whitelist:
   - "random"
   - "re"
   - "time"

default_kickstart: /etc/cobbler/default.ks

default_password_crypted: "$1$mF86/UHC$WvcIcX2t6crBz2onWxyac."

default_name_servers: []

default_virt_bridge: xenbr0

default_virt_type: xenpv

default_virt_file_size: 5

default_virt_ram: 512

default_ownership:
    - "admin"

enable_menu: 1

dhcpd_bin: /usr/sbin/dhcpd
dhcpd_conf: /etc/dhcpd.conf
dnsmasq_bin: /usr/sbin/dnsmasq
dnsmasq_conf: /etc/dnsmasq.conf

func_auto_setup: 0
func_master: overlord.example.org

httpd_bin: /usr/sbin/httpd

http_port: 80

kernel_options:
    ksdevice: eth0
    lang: ' '
    text: ~

ldap_server: "ldap.example.com"
ldap_base_dn: "DC=example,DC=com"
ldap_port: 389

ldap_tls: 1
ldap_anonymous_bind: 1
ldap_search_bind_dn: ''
ldap_search_passwd: ''
ldap_search_prefix: 'uid='

manage_dhcp: 1

manage_dns: 0

manage_forward_zones: []
manage_reverse_zones: []

mgmt_classes: []
mgmt_parameters:
   from_cobbler: 1

named_conf: /etc/named.conf

next_server: 193.186.120.173

omapi_enabled: 0
omapi_port: 647
omshell_bin: /usr/bin/omshell

power_management_default_type: 'ipmitool'

power_template_dir: "/etc/cobbler/power"

pxe_just_once: 1

pxe_template_dir: "/etc/cobbler/pxe"

redhat_management_type: "site"

redhat_management_server: "syst02l.gebr-weiss.com"

redhat_management_key: ""

restart_dns: 1
restart_dhcp: 1

register_new_installs: 0

run_install_triggers: 1

server: 193.186.120.173

snippetsdir: /var/lib/cobbler/snippets

syslog_port: 25150

anamon_enabled: 0

tftpd_bin: /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
tftpd_conf: /etc/xinetd.d/tftp

webdir: /var/www/cobbler

xmlrpc_port: 25151

xmlrpc_rw_enabled: 1
xmlrpc_rw_port: 25152

yum_post_install_mirror: 1

yumreposync_flags: "-l"
yumdownloader_flags: "--resolve"

Maybe you will figure out the failure :-) I hope it.

Thank you in advance!

Rgds
Philipp

Im Sinne unserer Umwelt: Bitte bedenken Sie, dass ein Ausdruck dieser Nachricht wertvolle Ressourcen verbraucht.
For the sake of our environment: Please be aware of the fact that printing this message consumes valuable resources.