[Spacewalk-list] pushing to client, not

travellig travellig travellig at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:55:18 UTC 2009

Question #1:

The whole point of running osad on the clients is to apply "on the
fly" scheduled jobs from the UI... well, almost true, except for those
jobs e.i remote commands which will allow you to set a predefine time
to run.

When osad is running, there's an opened connection to SW on port 5222.

Question #2:

If you are debugging osad, you will want to tail to /var/log/osad instead

or

osad -NNNNN

Schedule job in UI and watch the log.

Hope it helps.

On 3/27/09, m.roth2006 at rcn.com <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
> Question #1: if I have osad running on the client, will it try to update by
> itself, or only if I push from the server? (I want only the latter.)
>
> Question #2: the last time I tried to schedule something, it failed. In the
> up2date log on the client, I get the wretched error handling of a stack, but
> it finally says that it could not find the repomd.xml on the server. Does
> this need to exist in the repository on the client? If so, do I need to
> generate it, or is that something that should have been created when I did
> the rhnpush?
>
>        mark

travellig.