[Spacewalk-list] pushing to client, not

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 20:06:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 02:16:43PM -0400, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

> Wish it did. For some reason, osad wasn't running. I started it as a service, and scheduled a push of just one package. Went right away...

So, pushing to clients obviously helps.

> and failed, with exactly the same error I had before in /var/log/up2date, that yum couldn't find repomd.xml
>
> So, is there anyone out there who can tell me if I need to generate, in spacewalk 0.4, the repomd.xml's for each channel?

No, you don't. The repomd.xml gets generated on the fly by Spacewalk
server (unless you've messed with its configuration and prevented
it from doing so).

If regular yum upgrade does not work in your setup, adding osad
will not help with resolving the problem.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat