[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk client packages for openSuse, Mandriva and SLE

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 15:58:55 UTC 2009

I'm have been working for some time, to make Spacewalk packages for
openSUSE, and yesterday I finally manage to build 4 basic packages:
  rhnlib
  yum-rhn-plugin
  rhn-client-tools
  rhnsd
As side effect I build it for SLE and Mandriva. The repositories are:

openSUSE 11.0
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://xsuchy/openSUSE_11.0

Mandriva 2009.1
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://xsuchy/Mandriva_2009.1

SLE 10
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://xsuchy/SLE_10

Should I say it is highly experimental and far from production ready?
No, you know it. I even did not test it yet! I even have no plans to
test Mandriva and SLE version, just openSUSE if I find some time.
Packages are not in recent version, some are even git snapshots. It is
really very early release.

If you are willing to test it, I will welcome your feedback.

Currently should be possible to register those systems to Spacewalk and
install packages Spacewalk.
If I find some spare time, I will try to build other client packages.

And before you ask, if I can add repository for:
- Mandriva 2010.1 - just today release, I may add it in few days
- openSuse 11.1 or SLE11 - no, they do not contain yum, so
yum-rhn-plugin could not be build and installed

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering