CentOS 5.3 to CentOS 5.4 upgrade and yum_rhn_plugin ==>WAS:Re:[Spacewalk-list] osa-dispatcher not running or not connecting

Thomas von Steiger thomas.vonsteiger at bluewin.ch
Tue Nov 3 22:41:41 UTC 2009

On 03.11.2009, at 11:03, Michiel van Es wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> That does the trick!
> Thanks.
> The strange thing is that when I want to upgrade to the CentOS 5.4
> repo it complains about a missing GPG key (which I found strange
> because the client already got the PGP key when I installed Centos
> right?)
>
> warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> 7203f491
>

> Public key for yum-3.2.22-20.el5.centos.noarch.rpm is not installed

I have done this way if you are always on spacewalk register with
centos 5.3:

cd /etc/pki/rpm-gpg; wget http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk

create yum repo file /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk-client-tools.repo with
content for spacewalk 0.6 :

[spacewalk-client-tools]
name=Spacewalk Client Tools
baseurl=http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.6/RHEL/5/x86_64/os/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk

after that:

yum update rhn* --enablerepo=spacewalk-client-tools -y

after that yum update from spacewalk should work fine.

Thomas