[Spacewalk-list] System Groups timesout

Andy Speagle andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Mon Nov 9 15:33:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 08:48 -0600, Josh.Mullis at cox.com wrote:
> Good day all,
>
> So I've only got 8 systems registered in spacewalk at this time.
>
> I started loading up the errata via rhn-clone-errata.py from Andy.
>
> After all my errata is loaded, I click on "System Groups" and it
> times-out after a few minutes with a "Service Unavailable" message.
>
> So I search on redhat kbase for this and I find this here:
>
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-19873
>
> This for the most part fits my problem.
> However if you look at the packages, they are from spacewalk v0.5.
>
> I have spacewalk v0.6 so this issue should be fixed right?
>
> The issue seems to be that it is calculating the errata for all the
> groups and can't do it fast enough.
> If no other solution, would it be possible to disable the errata
> calculation for system groups?

Hey Josh,

At this point, I have all errata for RHEL 4 and 5, both 32- and 64-bit,
loaded into my Spacewalk and I don't have any problems with this on SPWK
v0.6  I really can't speak to status of the issue or that KBASE entry,
but I can confirm for you that my 0.6 implementation isn't bugged in
this manner.

My SPWK server isn't all that robust either.  It's a simple ESX VM
running RHEL 5 64-bit.  However, with the amount of channel data
(packages and errata) and system data, I ran into the size limit of the
Oracle XE some time ago and migrated it to a production database
server...

Could you be having some other sort of system or database issue that
would contribute to the speed of the query?

--
Andy Speagle

"THE Student" - UCATS
Wichita State University