[Spacewalk-list] how to register kickstarted systems into spacewalk

Josh.Mullis at cox.com Josh.Mullis at cox.com
Mon Nov 23 01:32:13 UTC 2009

Try adding an "export $KS_HOSTNAME" to the pre script.

If that doesn't work, I think you'll need to do this...

Comment out your existing network line in the main part of the ks file.

include /tmp/ks_info.txt

%pre

#!/bin/bash
chvt 3  #This should get you to tty3.

echo -n "Enter hostname: "
read KS_HOSTNAME
echo "network --hostname $KS_HOSTNAME (other-network-settings)" >/tmp/ks_info.txt