[Spacewalk-list] failed to retrieve getPackage/package_name [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Mullis, Josh (CCI - Atlanta) josh.mullis at cox.com
Wed Nov 25 15:09:01 UTC 2009

There has got to be something that changes/times out...

Yesterday I waited a couple hours and was able to retrieve the package.

It definitely seems to be a re-registering issue.

Saw this problem when I registered a few systems with spacewalk that
were previously registered with RHN.

I tried doing the following sequence with no luck...

---------------
yum clean metadata
yum clean all
rm /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid

rhnreg_ks

yum install <package>

I made sure there was nothing going on with the spacewalk server by
installing the same package from another spacewalk client...
...which was able to retrieve the package.

I also tried removing the channel subscriptions from the problem client,
then re-adding.
No luck there either.