[Spacewalk-list] Error Creating Kickstart Profile

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Mon Oct 12 15:11:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 09:00:30AM -0400, Joshua Roys wrote:
> On 09/30/2009 11:48 AM, Wojtak, Greg wrote:
> >I am following the directions outlined at
> >https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler to set up
> >a distribution and kickstart profile. I’ve created the distribution, but
> >then when I create the kickstart profile, I get a template error. The
> >output is below this message. Any ideas?

*snip*

> Sorry for the late reply.  Someone else had this error, and they fixed
> it by opening the ks file (under /var/lib/rhn/kickstarts/*/) and
> changing the #errorCatcher line at the top.  (Note that this doesn't fix
> the underlying problem - it's simply a work-around.)
>
> I would try replacing ListErrors with Echo, and if that doesn't work,
> just delete the line entirely.

Hi,

I'm not the original poster but I just ran into this problem with
Spacewalk 0.6. The line in the kickstart file read

#errorCatcher Echo

already so I just deleted it. The kickstart file is generated OK now.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662