[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring and notifications

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 09:14:15 UTC 2009

David Nutter wrote:
> Any thoughts on further debugging steps? I'm rather confused about the
> relationships between the three notifier scripts which isn't
> helping. Any insight gratefully received :)

The relationship is following:
notif-escalator -- is in charge of tracking alerts and sends and doing
the escalation.
notif-launcher -- reads new alers from inbound queue, process redirects
and register the alerts and initial sends with the notif-escalator
notifier -- remote program, which pools the notif-escalator for new
sends and deliver these sends via smtp and snmp (via database and scout).

So my guess is that notif-launcher is somehow broken. If I had to guess
-- I would check if notif-launcher check for correct directory.

Unfortunately I have currently no time to investigate it myself.
--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering