[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring and notifications

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 14:50:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 03:12:40PM +0100, David Nutter wrote:

*snip*

> Anyway, findings:
>
> 1) There appears to be bugs in NOCPulse::Notif::FileQueue->_filelist
>    and NOCPulse::Notif::ContactGroup->add_destination. See notes below for
>    details. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my environment or a
>    true bug in NOCpulse. If desired I can provide a patch - about 3
>    lines of changes in total.

I think I've found the problem. From perldoc Class::MethodMaker::array

"
Note that this reference is no longer a direct reference to the
storage, in contrast to Class::Method- Maker v1.  This is to protect
encapsulation.  See x_ref if you need that functionality (and are
prepared to take the associ- ated risk.)  This function no longer
auto-expands arrayrefs input as arguments, since that makes it awkward
to set individual values to arrayrefs.  See x_setref for that
functionality.
"

So, with other versions of MethodMaker $ContactGroup->destinations and
$FileQueue->_files would return a direct reference to the list. The
current EPEL version of MethodMaker no longer does this and so code
like push(@{$ContactGroup->destinations},$dest); doesn't work. Fix is
either to explicitly use the MethodMaker V1 compatibility mode (which
does return a direct ref) or just fix the code to play nice with V2.

Thoughts?

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662