[Spacewalk-list] osa-dispatcher not running or not connecting

Joshua Roys joshua.roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 22 14:53:43 UTC 2009

On 10/22/2009 10:33 AM, Michiel van Es wrote:

> I use my default ssh terminal from Ubuntu.
> Is it better to run:
> screen -L router -D etc?
>
> Isn't it possible to startup jabber with verbose logging and send you
> the logfiles in stead of the screen debug terminal output?

I would either do a `screen -L' and then run a program, using
ctrl-a,ctrl-c to make new screens (ctrl-a," to see a list of screens),
or edit /etc/init.d/jabberd and find the following in the "Start ( )"
function (~line 72 for me):

rm -f ${pidPath}/${prog}.pid
args="-c ${confPath}/${prog}.xml"

and add a -D to the end of the args:
args="-c ${confPath}/${prog}.xml -D"

And then probably do something like:
# tail -n0 -f /var/log/messages > /tmp/foo
(change /var/log/messages to wherever your jabber logs go)
# service jabberd start

Josh