[Spacewalk-list] Re: entitlements exhausted error

Daniel Wittenberg dwittenberg2008 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:46:27 UTC 2009

More interesting info, I see now from the System Entitlements page,
everything is 0.  So I started looking at the certs:

/etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-entitlement-cert.xml

and that looks good, all the numbers are 20000, and when I run a sanity
check:

 rhn-satellite-activate -v --sanity-only
--rhn-cert=/usr/share/spacewalk/setup/spacewalk-public.cert

That shows ok, and I tried to re-activate that cert and looks good, no
errors:

# rhn-satellite-activate -v --disconnected
--rhn-cert=`pwd`/spacewalk-public.cert
HTTP_PROXY: None
HTTP_PROXY_USERNAME: None
HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD: <password>
CA_CERT: /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT
Checking cert XML sanity and GPG signature:
'/usr/bin/validate-sat-cert.pl
--keyring /etc/webapp-keyring.gpg /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-entitlement-cert.xml-11730-1256319651.53521204'
Database connectioned initialized: refer to /etc/rhn/rhn.conf
Attempting local RHN Certificate push (and therefore activation)

I also tried generating a new cert with different entitlements using
this guide:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/CertCreation

And again, all looks/works good, I even tried rebooting, and still, says
entitlements 0.  Permissions on the cert and xml files all look good
too.

Any others ideas?  I'm about ready to wipe this box and start over...

Dan