[Spacewalk-list] SRPM questions

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 03:52:11 UTC 2009

Can somebody help me understand why there are different versions of
some packages between
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/
and http://www.redhat.com/spacewalk/source/0.6/rhel/ ?

I'd understand if one was always newer, but they certainly are not.
For example yum-rhn-plugin from spacewalk repo is much higher than the
RHEL repo.  However RHEL repo is higher than SW for rhnsd.

Really, I am just trying to update
http://stahnma.fedorapeople.org/spacewalk-tools in a sane way and
trying to make sure I understand what is happening.

For the most part my repo really isn't needed too much anymore, other
than to get rhel-instnum on CentOS, but I figured I'd try to keep it
up like the RHN Tools channels in satellite.

stahnma