[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 5.4 64 bit and spacewalk client tools

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Wed Oct 28 09:38:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 07:09:53PM -0400, Flaherty, Patrick wrote:

*snip*

> I'm seeing the same issue on 32 and 64 bit CentOS boxes when I try to
> upgrade them from 5.3 to 5.4. The client tools repositories on the
> listed on the setup page for centos5 haven't been updated since 2008.
> The instructions for fedora point at http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.5
> or http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.6/. Perhaps those packages will
> work? I'll likely try them tomorrow if I have enough time.

FWIW I'm having no problems using the yum-rhn-plugin package from the
0.6 spacewalk repo on CentOS 5.4 here. If it's any help my client
tools channel currently contains the following packages:

libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.2.8.x86_64
nocpulse-common-2.1.17-1.el5.noarch
osad-5.9.21-1.el5.noarch
pyOpenSSL-0.6-1.p24.7.2.2.x86_64
rhel-instnum-1.0.8-1.el5.noarch
rhncfg-5.9.7.2-1.el5.noarch
rhncfg-actions-5.9.7.2-1.el5.noarch
rhncfg-client-5.9.7.2-1.el5.noarch
rhncfg-management-5.9.7.2-1.el5.noarch
rhn-check-0.6.4-1.el5.noarch
rhn-client-tools-0.6.4-1.el5.noarch
rhn-custom-info-5.4.0-1.el5.noarch
rhnlib-2.5.13-1.el5.noarch
rhnmd-5.3.2-1.el5.x86_64
rhnsd-4.5.11-1.el5.x86_64
rhn-setup-0.6.4-1.el5.noarch
rhn-setup-gnome-0.6.4-1.el5.noarch
spacewalk-koan-0.1.18-1.el5.noarch
yum-rhn-plugin-0.6.2-1.el5.noarch

This is a mix from the Spacewalk and Stahnma repositories.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662