[Spacewalk-list] RE: Custom Certificate Creation - "invalid mode" signing cert

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 09:06:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 09:38:33AM -0400, Greg Fuller wrote:

> To follow-up on my own question (and for future reference) I was able to
> resolve this.
>
> The gen-oss-sat-cert.pl script will only work with Spacewalk .2.  I was
> able to find a repo that has the rpm's for .2 and grab all the install
> files.

Greg, was the main issue you hit the missing RHN::CertUtils module?
If yes, here's the content of that RHN/CertUtils.pm, which should get
you going without having to go through the dependency issues.

# (c) 2004-2005, Red Hat, Inc
# All rights reserved
#

use strict;

package RHN::CertUtils;

use Term::ReadKey;

sub passphrase_prompt {
  my $class = shift;

  my $passphrase;

  while (not $passphrase) {
    local $| = 1;
    ReadMode('noecho');
    print "Passphrase: ";
    $passphrase = ReadLine(0);
    chomp $passphrase;
    print "\n";
  }
  ReadMode('normal');

  return $passphrase;
}

1;

__END__

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat